[Osmf-talk] DWG survey on organized editing

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 18:31:02 UTC 2017

[...] organized mapping still can be a good method to grow the number
of passionate mappers. Paid mapping less so, I fear.

On 2017-10-03 16:40 GMT+02:00 Oleksiy Muzalyev <oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch>:
> The textile industry uses the Nice Code of Conduct for the Fashion and
> - a competitive compensation according to local standards;
> - visiting & supervising contractors;
> Perhaps, such self-regulation code would remove at least some fears.

These statements make me just sceptic, though they may have been made
with good intentions:
The first makes a plain vote that organized mapping should be
marginally tolerable and paid mapping should be generally bad.
And the other one proposes labor principles from industries which are
really different from the OSM community
Those labor principles would be an unnecessary and probably an
unpracticable overreaction.

:Stefan