[Osmf-talk] Membership Fee Waiver Program

Donal Hunt donal.hunt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 10:02:36 UTC 2017

Lots of good points mentioned already...

Agree a lot with Craig Allen with regard requiring people to opt-in
specifically for a waiver rather than it being optional (people will abuse
it sadly).  Also agree with Allan Mustard regarding having discounts for
contributors that are likely to be of value to the community in the
short/long term.

>From a practical perspective using something like a balanced scorecard that
takes into account the various criteria and ranks applicants for the
program may make sense. That way you can prioritise participation from
groups / areas of the world that have no / little representation. I also
fully support Craig Allen's suggestion of publishing aggregated statistics
to ensure the process is transparent to all.

Kind regards

Donal