[Osmf-talk] sponsored membership

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 15:23:20 UTC 2017

> The alternative would be that the donator chooses to whom it goes. But
> that might seem paternalistic and opens the door to worries of
> influence-buying, especially if institutional donors would open their
> purses.

+1, that was also my thought when I read your proposal. It must be
guaranteed that people getting their membership fee as a donation are as
free as those who pay for themselves. As membership fee is not a one time
payment but a recurring fee we would also have to decide how to proceed
when there are less donations than non-paying members at some time.

Cheers,
Martin