[Osmf-talk] sponsored membership

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Wed Sep 27 23:13:53 UTC 2017

Still, I want to get rid of my 2 cents :-).

While I wouldn't want to say that money doesn't matter, but individual
membership fees are a smallish part of the OSMFs income, and I doubt the
added complications would be worth it. The rest of the arguments have
essentially already been made so I'll shut up now.

Simon

PS: it would be nice if a larger part of the budget could be generated
from individual memberships, but that would require members in the
10'000s which is unlikely to happen looking at comparable organisations.