[Osmf-talk] [OSM-talk] Board decision on Crimea complaint

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Tue Dec 11 11:01:21 UTC 2018

On Tuesday 11 December 2018, Roland Olbricht wrote:

> > Transparency at work...
>
> [...]
>
> I personally do trust the board.

Do we really need to revisit this point again.

I have said several times here and elsewhere an OSMF member questioning
the board's decisions and demanding transparency of said decisions has
nothing to do with trust, it is the obligation of the OSMF members
mandated by the law to supervise the board in their work.

Basing the interaction between the board and the members fully on trust
is IMO diametral to an open and diverse community because it favours
classical old-boy networks of people who know and trust each other and
it is prone to lead to clientelism and corruption.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/