[Osmf-talk] Candidate's views? Re: Board decision on Crimea complaint

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Tue Dec 11 11:43:25 UTC 2018

On Tuesday 11 December 2018, joost schouppe wrote:
> Well this is a great catch22. It is unfair to us candidates to be put
> into this position. It is unfair to those who have voted already to
> voice our opinion. It is unfair to those who have not voted yet *not*
> to voice an opinion. And we don't know exactly what to voice an
> opinion on, because it's just the decision, no context.

Yes, i fully appreciate the difficult situation the candidates are in on
this matter - including the fact that many of the important points of
your platforms are now overshadowed by this subject.

> So I decided to refrain from directly commenting on the decision, but
> I can refer to this previous statement on the issue:
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2018-November/081694.h
>tml

Yes, that is pretty clear.

Let me also say that i much appreciate any statement of the candidates
on the subject - no matter if on the decision in substance or just on
the way it is communicated.  This includes Nuno stating he does not
want to comment (which i appreciate and respect as a clear procedural
position).

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/