[Osmf-talk] Treasurer's Report for the 2018 AGM

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 15:38:38 UTC 2018

On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 at 12:00, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> We're already using a couple of categories - OWG, LWG, Board, SotM - but
> things do still get mis-filed occasionally and I have a feeling that our
> categories are not ideal yet. For example, LWG would like to distinguish
> between trademark related stuff and other stuff. I'm not sure how well
> Xero will fare if we add too many categories, or if it can do
> sub-categories. Happy to hear your advice on this (maybe off-list). The
> hope is that we can eventually even add budgeting to Xero.

Super - I'll contact you off-list for more.

> It's not something that we have ever thought about. Is the FSCS
> guarantee even valid for non-natural persons?

Yes, it's valid for small businesses (the exact definition of 'small'
varies depending on what exactly we'd be claiming for, but for bank
deposits OSMF is well below the limit). Normally it's in the small
print for your business bank account terms and conditions. But as I
say it's not really a big deal, rather it made me think that if our
cash on hand is large enough to be over the threshold, we should
probably be doing more useful things with it!

Thanks,
Andy