[Osmf-talk] Humanitarian work (was: 2018 a third episode...)

Mikel Maron mikel.maron at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 13:55:33 UTC 2018

> counter the fact that "HOT practically lays claim to all humanitarian work in the OSM context"
HOT does not make that claim. Frederik preceeded statement by
> The problem is that with the name it has

So there’s an impression, but not fact.
The history of HOT and the name are missing from this discussion. It would explainany of the tensions here. I’ll write that up soon.

Mikel

On Saturday, December 15, 2018, 8:48 AM, Christoph Hormann <chris_hormann at gmx.de> wrote:

On Saturday 15 December 2018, Gregory wrote:
> What would be wrong with HOT dominating the OSMF Humanitarian Working
> Group?

Not sure if that is a serious question.

Frederik suggested a working group as a method tocounter the fact that "HOT practically lays claim to all humanitarian work in the OSM

context"   by creating a group within the OSMF as "our go-to group for
anything humanitarian".

A humanitarian working group within the OSMF that is dominated by HOT
(in terms of personell and culture) would do the exact opposite - it
would further alianate all community members and humanitarian
activities that do not want to subordinate themselves to a HOT
dominance.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/