[Osmf-talk] Election procedure (was: Re: Elections 2018)

Peter Barth osm at won2.de
Sat Dec 15 22:39:54 UTC 2018

Hey all,

Tobias Knerr schrieb:
> Thank you and the other candidates for the fair and passionate campaign!

Seconded.

Speaking of fair campaign I was wondering what everyone thinks about the
new election mode trial we had this year, if you liked it or not, or if
you think there is room for improvement, ...

I personally liked two things most: First, the increased amount of time
for reading and evaluating the manifestors and answers which helped to
form a better opinion about the candidates and if they are inline with my
views. The second aspect is the simulaneous publication of answers as you
know that it's the candidates' views you read and not something they copy
from other candidates. This gave a more genuine feedback of views.

I also had the impression that the new election mode was well received
by the German community, at least from those I had a chat with.

What are your opinions?

Peda