[Osmf-talk] [OSM-talk] "The Future of Free and Open-Source Maps" Slashdot.org , Saturday February 17, 2018

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 13:22:56 UTC 2018

I don't think we are talking about the OSMF instructing people how to *map*
here.

I do however feel that the OSMF is perfectly entitled to take the following
approach: "we rely on having mappers - what can we do to support?". There
are potentially loads of ways including some that are of less interest to
our third party ecosystem. In my view the OSMF should focus on those and
allow the ecosystem to deliver the rest.

Perhaps we need to reopen some form of strategic working group? We would
need a good chair/facilitator.

Best,
Rob