[Osmf-talk] Next OSMF Board Meeting 2018-06-21 (Thursday) at 21:00 London time

Michael Reichert osm-ml at michreichert.de
Wed Jun 20 23:12:41 UTC 2018

Hi Martijn, dear other board members,

Am 21.06.2018 um 01:01 schrieb Martijn van Exel:
> I suggested this.
>
> The main reason was that there are specific LC applications pending and
> we didn't want to discuss those decisions specifically in public.
> I think you both have a fair point though. We can discuss the general
> thinking about criteria for becoming a LC in the public part of the
> meeting. I would actually welcome input from the membership about this.
> The main points of discussion are, to my mind: how established must a
> local organization be to be eligible to become a local chapter, how can
> we measure this as objectively as possible, and (this has come up
> before, in the LC applications of Belgium and Italy) how to handle
> applications from organizations that have a broader scope than just OSM.--

I agree that this question should be discussed to have a general
decision you can point future applicants to. However, I would like to
ask the board to postpone a general decision to July and ask the members
on this mailing list beforehand. I don't remember a discussion among the
members about the questions you mentioned and I think that the question
who should represent us in various regions of the world should be
discussed with those who are to be represented.

Best regards

Michael