[Osmf-talk] Voting "recommendations" by employers (straw poll)

Илья Зверев ilya at zverev.info
Fri Nov 2 09:12:55 UTC 2018

Thanks Frederik for bringing this to our attention. This sounds outrageous and I feel this needs to be stopped.

But on the second thought, this doesn’t look too bad. We get many more OSMF members — that’s awesome! And we probably get a new active Board member, who is driven not only by their internal desire to improve OpenStreetMap, but also by money and frustration. To me, looks like win-win. Well, until the company in question finds out that individual Board members have no means to influence the project direction, and that they could have saved a lot of money by participating in working groups instead.

So I say, let them have fun — that’s what the project is about, is it not?

Ilya