[Osmf-talk] AGM and this year's election process

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Thu Nov 8 17:47:51 UTC 2018

On Thursday 08 November 2018, Michael Collinson wrote:
> > Which of course raises the question who the facilitator will be and
> > how he/she will be selected?
> >
> > If the facilitator has the right to drop questions in this process
> > i would also like to know what sort of transparency rules and
> > supervision are put into place there.
> >
> > I would not be comfortable participating in such a questioning
> > process if such aspects are not clear.
>
> Subject to the discretion of the board, I will be the facilitator.
> [...]

Thanks.

I would like to add that my original comment you cited was based on my
original (incorrect) reading that the questions could also be submitted
non-publicly and that the board explicitly disapproves of exchange
between the members and the candidates outside the formal procedure.
The procedure as it turns out now shows a high degree of inherent
transparency and openness so i can say i now fully support it.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/