[Osmf-talk] Voting "recommendations" by employers (straw poll)

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Sat Nov 10 12:59:25 UTC 2018

On Saturday 10 November 2018, Mikel Maron wrote:
> People who can do OSM professionally are not second class
> citizens, who lack ability to think for themselves.

As someone who works with OSM professionally i have to disagree here.  I
consider myself a second class OSM community member because of my
professional involvements.  Not because i feel being treated as a
second class citizen by others but because i know that OSM could not
function exclusively with professionals like me without individual
local hobby craft mappers while OSM could perfectly function with
exclusively local hobby craft mappers without professionals being
involved in the project.  This makes professionals second class
citizens of the project in my eyes who are (hopefully) welcome and
appreciated by the OSM community because of the contributions they make
but who need to stay in a subordinate role en large for the project to
function.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/