[Osmf-talk] Membership fee waiver

Mikel Maron mikel.maron at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 15:21:26 UTC 2018

Paul, you made reference to a form that people can use for applying for a fee wavier if the fee would constitute an unreasonable burden to the member, but I didn't see that link. Can you share that form?
If you do end up emailing, that would still need to be something we need to act on.
* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron

  On 2018-11-15 6:33 AM, Mikel Maron wrote:

 Very good to note that people can simply apply for a waiver now. The resolution states

  > In order to be eligible for the membership fee waiver, the applicant may be required to contribute something else of value (e.g: time, …) to the  Foundation, for example write a paragraph on mapping in their region
  So if this holds, an interested potential member emails the board (board at osmfoundation.org) and MWG (mwg at osmfoundation.org), with the details required for associate membership (name, OSM id, country) and a paragraph describing their need and some details on their contribution  to OSM, we'll need to vote on it.
  We'll be discussing this in the OSMF Board meeting later today.

 The board has approved the fee waiver program withhttps://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-01-18#Membership_fee_waiver_program. The form is done, it's been an issue of someone has needed to write the text for the various parts of the process. There's been a desire from board members to be able to point at processes and documentation (e.g. for WG membership, how decisions are made, etc), so we wanted to get those in place so we'd know what the responses to send were after people filled out the form.

 That the WG could use more people helping them set up the program is not new news. If you believe it is important, join the WG and help, particularly with fee waivers for financial need, where work still needs to be done.

 Please don't send emails like mentioned above, because that's what the form is for.