[Osmf-talk] Membership fee waiver

Rebecca Firth rebecca.firth at hotosm.org
Thu Nov 15 20:16:47 UTC 2018

Hi,

Violaine, I just sent a very similar note to you but for some reason it
seemed to be too big for the list.. copying in again and deleting some
historical mails.

I've not been part of the MWG so far, so apologies if this has been
suggested or discussed previously. I wanted to throw out the idea that
rather than OSMF/other members choosing what an appropriate fee level is in
countries they aren't living/working in, perhaps the local communities
could decide what they think is an appropriate fee for their context? I
realise this might lead to discrepancy - one middle income country might
not choose the same level as another middle income country - but I'm not
sure how much that matters? If the objective is to broaden access, it might
be nice to have country communities decide what works for their context.

Thanks,

Rebecca