[Osmf-talk] Membership fee waiver

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Thu Nov 15 20:35:13 UTC 2018

I just need to point out that every single idea raised in this
discussion is not new, all of them have been brought forward in the
board or in public discussion multiple times over the last decade or so.
That doesn't mean they are bad ideas, but in the end they all tend to be
too complicated to be implemented in the context of a small organisation
like the OSMF or too vulnerable to misuse.

That's why the additions to the AoA in 2014 are the way they are (note
partially waived fees are not mentioned), and further they are so
prescriptive that while having a policy around them is, as I've already
said, a good idea, it is IMHO not strictly necessary (at the time I
don't believe we ere even considering one necessary).

Simon

PS @board the version of the AoA on the website is still the 2013
document, not the 2014.