[Osmf-talk] Board decision on recent OSMF membership registrations

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 12:49:44 UTC 2018

> No one can seriously suggest that a hundred people registering from a
corporate IP address within a single day happens out of their free choice.

Well it could have been that on that day the employees got confirmation
that they could claim back their membership fee. In my work (totally
unrelated to OSM) we are allowed to reclaim the cost of professional
membership to one organisation that is aligned to our work. That doesn't
mean that my employee tells me how to vote. It is simply my employee
recognising that, for my career, being part of a professional body may help
me.

The alternative is that thy join a different OSM professional body, but I
am unaware of any at the moment, and no doubt if one started to do well, we
would have conspiracy theories floating around here!

*Rob*