[Osmf-talk] Languages

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 20:58:27 UTC 2018

>let the OSM language parade start!

Yes, please do. OSM is an international project. For the last 3 "State of
the Map" events I encouraged the scholars to write in the language they
prefer.

I have also had the pleasure of working with many non native English
speakers. It is amazing what you can do with translation. It's not perfect
(and thank you to those who have manually translated for me at all hours of
the day) but it is good enough.

My best tip: write short sentences and use basic language. I find this
hard. It is amazing how easily local sayings and colloquialisms enter my
writing. Sometimes it takes 3 attempts to write a good email but it is
worth the time.

Best regards,
Rob