[Osmf-talk] OSMF Membership criteria Re: Board decision on recent OSMF membership registrations

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Tue Nov 27 11:56:22 UTC 2018

On Tuesday 27 November 2018, Nuno Caldeira wrote:
> None the less it's awkward that the 100 members from the same ip are
> within this mailing list, following this topic and none (AFAIK) have
> express themselves.

I noticed that too but if we for the moment assume these are people
working for a company and have been pressured/nudged to sign up it is a
bit problematic to pressure them to now decide to either speak up
against their employer or to potentially misrepresent the truth about
their application.  Therefore i suggested giving them the opportunity
to make statements confidentially to be then discussed in an anonymized
form.  The MWG should be able to do that (maybe picking some trusted
person from outside the OSMF to handle the communication).  But since
they are fairly busy right now probably with the election preparations
it might make sense to wait with that till after the elections.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/