[Osmf-talk] Change deadlines and add questionnaire for OSMF board elections

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Tue Oct 9 08:44:09 UTC 2018

The other thing I don't like about the current procedure is that is
massively disadvantages candidates that come forward and answer the
questions early and rewards those that tactically delay standing to the
last moment.

I would suggest that a staged approach in which we have a) a deadline
for standing b) a  later deadline by which candidates have to submit
their answers to a set of standard questions as you suggest and a
manifesto to whoever is running the election and then a simultaneous
publication of the answers.

Naturally that takes away part of the fun, so I think some kind of
interactive session with all the candidates would have to be part of
such a change.

Simon

PS: btw, term limits?