[Osmf-talk] Copyright in the Digital Single Market

Jaak Laineste jaak at nutiteq.com
Thu Sep 13 06:47:18 UTC 2018

Can you do quick summary what is the issue or threat for OSM exactly here, in layman's terms?

I understand how Wikimedia as generic platform has their concerns, as they may need to cite articles from traditional media etc. AFAIK OSM has very "appropriate and proportionate " measures in place since the beginning, just as required in the bill, to protect against illegal upload of copyrighted content, which are illegal imports in our terms. It is never bullet-proof, but I don't see any legal risk or trouble here. Of course it could be me being ignorant or naive.

Jaak