[Osmf-talk] Proposal - OSMF Should Adopt a Code of Conduct

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Mon Sep 24 05:45:03 UTC 2018

Thanks Heather for the opening. Since I started this discussion let me
suggest that the Board form a committee to draft a CoC. The committee
should take input from the community for the drafting of the CoC. The
committee should learn from other communities that adopted a code.

The Board should also create a team to handle CoC complaints and ensure
processes are in place for people to safely report their complaints.

I have been following the Postgresql process of adopting a CoC. They
recently announced their Coc which can be found at
https://www.postgresql.org/about/policies/coc/. Communication is one area
their committee could have done better. Too many felt like they didn't get
to voice their input. We need to reach out on as many channels as possible.
IRC, mailing lists, Slack, Telegram, Facebook, etc. just to name a few.

Clifford