[Osmf-talk] Local Chapter application - Ireland

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Thu Aug 22 21:13:12 UTC 2019

On 22.08.19 20:23, Heather Leson wrote:
> The OSM community in Ireland has submitted an application to be a local
> chapter.

I believe this is the page containing the actual application documents:

https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Local_Chapters/Applications/Ireland

Could a member of OSM IE or the local community comment if the
information on that page is still current, such as the director
information and the lack of a bank account or financial reports? What is
the current number of members?

I've had a look at the constitution, and the stated objects are in line
with what I would expect. By my reading, the section on members would
theoretically allow a pretty closed circle of members, as any members
beyond the initial five require individual admission by the directors.
Is this standard language for the jurisdiction? How have membership
applications been handled in practice?

Finally, I have to admit I'm not fully in the loop about what's going on
in the Irish OSM community at the moment, so I'd appreciate an overview
of the organization's recent activities. Did the organization host
notable meetings, conferences or other events this year? I understand
there was an AGM in June, is there some place I can read about what
happened there (attendance, topics discussed, election results)?

Thanks for indulging my curiosity!

Tobias