[Osmf-talk] Local Chapter application - Ireland

Donal Hunt donal.hunt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 13:34:55 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

I'm Donal Hunt and a member of the OSM Ireland board. Some of the other
board members are not currently OSMF members so haven't been able to
contribute to this thread (however they are in the process of joining /
getting subscribed).

I'll try and address some of the questions brought up so far:

   - The information on the page is mostly up to date but there are a few
   minor updates that haven't made it there yet.
   - A bank account has now been setup to hold funds belonging to the legal
   entity (in the name of the legal entity).
   - At our AGM in June, the provisional board was re-elected. i.e. no
   changes to the board make-up. The preliminary minutes are here
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AxjwY-X35B24R40tTo3YdaovIvSLEeKPVkpV1fZ80fU/preview>
   .
   - The official membership of OSM Ireland is currently 11.
   - All official events are open to all and membership entitles
   individuals to vote at company EGMs and AGMs. Membership is not required to
   attend any of the events we run (but does help cover off costs that are
   likely to occur over time).
   - Over the past 12 months, a number of meetups have been organised and
   run across the island of Ireland. These have been promoted publicly on
   social media channels, the talk-ie mailing list, the OSM event calendar and
   through other organisations that we've engaged / partnered with). Typical
   attendance size is 10-20 people.
   - With respect to Northern Ireland, we consciously focused on being as
   inclusive as possible while recognising that identity is complex issue for
   people in Northern Ireland. Our policies approach this in a flexible and
   inclusive manner with a view of cooperating with and supporting OSM users
   across the whole island. It's worth noting that OSM contributors in
   Northern Ireland have been active in the Irish community long before the
   creation of the formal chapter and we value their contributions to the
   community now and into the future.

If there is anything else we can clarify, please ask.
Regards

Donal