[Osmf-talk] 2019 OSMF Board Elections

Kate Chapman kate at osmfoundation.org
Tue Aug 27 19:21:54 UTC 2019

Dear Members,

This year some of the board began talking amongst ourselves about the next
election. Some of us have been on the board for quite a few years and feel
like we are happy to step down and have others run things. In our
discussion we felt like it was beneficial to let everyone know in advance.
There is not requirement for board members to let people know they are not
rerunning, but we thought additional time was beneficial to the members and
organization.

This coming election Mikel will be up for election and then either Frederik
or Kate would be up for election decided by random draw. Instead of leaving
it to chance both Frederik and Kate will be stepping down and not
rerunning. Heather will also be leaving the Board. Mikel has not yet
decided if he will rerun.

So that means there will be four positions up for election this time. If
you are interested in hearing what it is like to be on the board please
reach out to any of us.

On behalf of the OSMF Board.

-Kate

--
Kate Chapman
OpenStreetMap Foundation

Name & Registered Office:
OpenStreetMap Foundation
St John’s Innovation Centre
Cowley Road
Cambridge
CB4 0WS
United Kingdom
A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales.
Registration No. 05912761.