[Osmf-talk] voting fraud

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Fri Feb 1 12:36:48 UTC 2019

On Friday 01 February 2019, Heather Leson wrote:

> - To be active on this mailing list is often a full time job. I saw a
> question about Board conflict of interest and answered it. (While
> traveling in an airport for work). Honestly, I do not know what more
> you want from a board member.

What i expect from board members on this matter is some appreciation for
their own limitations.

I would suggest to you to take a look at how Paul typically handles the
subject of CoIs.  And i am not just talking about the way he phrases
his statements on that, i mean the very different perception of the
whole subject that shines through in those.

> Lastly, I said it before - people work, they have jobs, and they
> contribute to OSM. I think the saddest part of this whole discussion
> is the lack of appreciate that we are talking about 100 human beings
> and company. 100 human beings. It seems to me this is getting lost in
> the notes.

You know we had this discussion before, right?

The OSMF is not a charity for geodata company employees.  Its function
is to serve the OpenStreetMap project.  If you as an OSMF board member
put the interests of 100 people working for some company that tries to
make money by selling mapping services and who have been signed up or
been instigated to sign up as OSMF members on even remotely the same
level as those of the local hobby mappers all over the world that are
the backbone of OpenStreetMap, who have made the project what it is
today and who guard its quality and integrity, then you in my eyes
neglect your duties as a board member.  And this has absolutely nothing
to do with disrespect for those 100 people as human beings.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/