[Osmf-talk] My November 2018 email to the board about the GlobalLogic signups

Guillaume Rischard openstreetmap at stereo.lu
Sat Feb 2 15:27:52 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

My appeal to the board about the GlobalLogic signups and the board’s response to it has been mentioned here. I am forwarding it unedited in the interest of transparency and because I feel it’s been misrepresented.

I didn't suggest that those could be '"fake accounts" not connected to actual people', which is a straw man argument, but ‘artificial memberships’.

Back then, we didn’t know that those new members wouldn’t be allowed to vote.

My appeal to temporarily reject the application was rejected - see https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-12-20#2018.2FRes12_Preliminarily_reject_and_individually_inspect_all_membership_applications_from_India_from_15.11.2018 . Those against said my claim was “not supported”.

The board never officially replied to me.

Guillaume