[Osmf-talk] voting fraud

Rihards richlv at nakts.net
Sun Feb 3 23:59:04 UTC 2019

On 04.02.19 01:24, Steve Friedl wrote:
>> Heather thinks it is sad (and I agree) that the concept of human dignity appears to have gotten out of sight in this discussion.
>
> How might a proper respect for human dignity manifest itself in this discussion?

Thank you Heather for reminding about us about how these 100+ (there
were more than just a hundred; exact number of abused people depends on
how many of the registrants were also perpetrators) humans who were
being used as tools here.

Steve, for me, the respect for these people amounts to an even greater
dislike for the organisers of this event. Trying to imagine myself in
the position of the GL employees being abused this way, I'd feel
extremely powerless and abused by the company - even if it was only a
few individuals in the company who were responsible for this.

Perhaps we should reach out to the individuals to assure them of OSM
community welcoming them as individuals no matter what, and offering an
anonymous channel to share information on how the company, or
individuals there, coerced them.

 Rihards