[Osmf-talk] voting fraud

Ivo Stankov ivo at e-stankov.com
Tue Feb 5 21:31:39 UTC 2019

On 2/5/19 12:44 PM, Heather Leson wrote:
> Hello, Hope you are having lunch or breakfast
>
> I personally have heard some members say that they would not post to
> OSMF mailing lists. The health of this list (dialogue) is often
> one-sided. It is culturally difficult to participate in OSMF governance
> and mailing lists if you are:
...> 3. you are not holders of the current power
> structures (meaning willing to spend the time to digest, respond and
> deal with the countless notes. )
>
> I mean no disregard for anyone. We all have our styles, but imagine you
> are 1 of the other 930 people who don't post/share - how would you view
> the tone and culture norms.
>
> Ask yourself the larger question once you put yourselves in other shoes
> - would you post?
Dear Heather,

I'd like to completely disagree that the dialogue in the list is
one-sided. To my experience it is actually very multifaceted in terms of
communication style and general positions.

As it should be:
There are the (sometimes too) straight-talking colleagues, and there are
the very polite but heavily passive-aggressive ones.
There are the grassroots-centrists and the corporate-sympathizers.

Generally, the outcome is a quite good balance. A healthy debate.

And please, do not assume too much about the motivations of the
multitude of members that do not actively post here.

I, for one, include myself in that group, and the reason for my low post
count is simple - my positions are actually quite well represented and
articulated by some of the active posters here. And I thank them for
being active and engaged here and hope they stay that way!
I can imagine there are quite a few other cases like mine of members
that do not share my views, but feel well represented too.

Best,
Ivo