[Osmf-talk] Should there be ethical standards for corporate members?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Feb 9 21:05:05 UTC 2019

Hi,

On 09.02.19 17:46, Christoph Hormann wrote:
> The main problem i see with the whole thing is however that i have
> doubts that the OSMF is currently able to develop a meaningful [...] ruleset

The OSMF is us all. Of course this is never going to go anywhere if
everyone just adds their two cents and then hopes that someone else is
going to do it (and then, if they don't like the result or it takes too
long, complain about the board never getting anything done).

Doesn't mean that a few of us here on this list couldn't get together
and write something down and see what the others think. Whether and when
this is officially adopted by the OSMF is IMHO another issue; companies
could also voluntarily agree to a set of rules without this being
enshrined. Members could encourage companies to sign up to the standard,
independent of whether the OSMF makes the standard a prerequisite for
corporate membership.

> On the other hand
> this would also make it a good opportunity for the OSMF to actually
> show this is possible and proove me wrong.

Why always wait for others to do something?

Bye
Frederik