[Osmf-talk] Record, then play later? Delayed transparency? Re: Next OSMF board meeting this Thursday, 17th of January, at 21:00 London time

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Thu Jan 17 14:12:20 UTC 2019

How about the board have this discussion in private, record the audio,
and then release that when appropriate? (e.g. next board meeting) The
audio is recorded for internal note taking purposes anyway, so play that
file into the Mumble chat at another meeting, and delete it afterwards.

This gives (delayed) transparency, the members get to (eventually) know
who said what, without giving anyone a "heads up". Once the conversation
with the company is over, the original discussion doesn't have to be
secret. A good compromise that supports both (worthy) goals!

In Ireland & the UK there is a tradition of releasing confidential
government papers after 30 years. The government gets to be confidential
when that's important, but the public eventually get to know.