[Osmf-talk] Board statement - Membership Working Group report on unusual signups before OSMF election

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Thu Jan 31 00:11:25 UTC 2019

On Thursday 31 January 2019, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> > Personally, my hope was that without us telling them what we knew
> > from the report, they would voluntarily come up with an explanation
> > that perfectly matches the report. That did not happen.
>
> I wanted to express that the phone call did not prove the findings
> wrong. I did not say that the phone call seemed to confirm the
> findings.

I meant this in the way that your inquiries to GlobalLogic - just like
those of the MWG - did not yield any plausible alternative explanation
for the observations made (which is my understanding of "come up with
an explanation that perfectly matches the report").  If i misunderstood
you on that please say so.

Whether you consider observations compatible with a hypothesis you have
a confirmation of the hypothesis or not is of course a philosophical
question you can rightfully have different opinions on.

So lets just neutrally formulate this as:  The board's own inquiries
produced results that are consistent with the findings of the MWG.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/