[Osmf-talk] Next OSMF board meeting this Wednesday, 17th of July, at 19:00 London time

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Tue Jul 16 20:21:12 UTC 2019

On Tuesday 16 July 2019, Peter Barth wrote:
> > Please note that there will be a closed session at the end of the
> > meeting, with two topics:
> > * Board seats available at the next election
>
> while it is not clear why this is in the private part, there are some
> obvious candidates who's term will end and as I got to know all of
> them from my previous work on the board, I'd like to take the
> opportunity to ask (or even urge) Kate to rerun.

If i am not mistaken it is not necessarily clear that Kate's seat will
be up for election.

I agree there is no valid reason for closing board discussion on this
matter - but we have established in the April meeting that board
members feeling uncomfortable about discussing a matter in public is
sufficient reason for closing a meeting:

https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2019-April/006050.html

No one other than me seemed to have any problems with that.

Democracy dies in darkness...

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/