[Osmf-talk] Local Chapters criteria

martin at noblecourt.eu martin at noblecourt.eu
Sat Jul 20 13:00:35 UTC 2019

Hi Joost,

Great to see the topic is advancing :-)
One additional thought: maybe formalizing a "pre-approved" status for
chapters that are wanting to become one but don't fit one or several
criteria (e.g. the incorporation that could be tricky, or simply
spending the time & translation necessary for it).
Would be interesting to aim at having a complete overview of the status
of OSM in each country/region (e.g. no activity yet, isolated
contributors, informal community, incorporated or not organization not
yet chapter, applying chapter, official chapter). Basically, complete
this page ;-)
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/Local_Chapters
This would be a way to avoid international organizations arriving in one
country and developing OSM activities without contacting the local
community (a problem we don't have that much for now but might have much
more in the future with the growing notoriety...)

Best

Martin