[Osmf-talk] OSMF Board face-to face meeting: Suggest the topics and issues that matter to you

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat May 11 19:57:46 UTC 2019

Hi,

On 5/11/19 17:57, Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski wrote:
> I disagree with publishing and plus-one'ing questions in this thread, as
> it skews the naturally occuring topics from everyone into some
> direction. There are a bunch of different issues, and "should not work
> on anything else before resolving this" is a straight derailment.

First of all, this is not a vote. It is totally possible that one or two
thoughtful private submissions could get the board to consider
something, while something else that is mentioned 20 times because
someone started a "HEY EVERYONE WRITE TO BOARD ABOUT THIS!!!" campaign
is passed over.

Secondly, the board is aware that not everyone is willing and able to
participate in the mailing list, or indeed even willing and able to say
their opinion in public - for whatever reason, be they technical,
social, or personal. That's why we don't rely solely on the mailing list
for input on this.

Thirdly, and in spite of that, discussion about these topics among our
members is very welcome, and we will certainly not attempt to discourage
members from airing and discussing their views here or in any other
public venue.

Speaking in a personal capacity, I would ask everyone to refrain from
attempting to silence such discussion, and from personally attacking
people for saying their opinion. For the avoidance of doubt, I am
referring to Blake Girardot who disingenuously threw "individuals" in
the mix (even though nobody ever talked about the OSMF being under
threat from individuals) and thereby insinuated that Christoph Hormann
was an "overbearing individual who feel[s] that they should run the
project". Was this intended to be funny? Was this intended to be
overlooked so that those on the "in" side could have a nice chuckle
about the pun?

Time and time again, Christoph has been the victim of veiled rubbishing
like dished out by Blake here and this is not ok, *especially* if it
comes from people who then turn around and play the defender of good
behaviour elsewhere.

Bye
Frederik