[Osmf-talk] Can we untick the Public domain checkbox from our initial choice done during OSM sign up?

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Wed Oct 2 20:33:31 UTC 2019

I would have to respectfully disagree, as the problem is not only the
text of the checkbox itself, but the facts that the explanatory text
changed multiple times -and- for a significant amount of time checking
the checkbox was (accidentally) presented essentially as a mandatory
part of the signup process.

In summary, while well intended, the events conspired to make the
checkbox useless.

IMHO we have two, well three, ways forwards:

- remove the check box and all information associated with it,

- reset the field, agree on what checking it should mean legally (rather
tricky), and ask on login to re-decide what the value should be,

- continue to raise the question once per year, and getting me to
respond with the above.

Simon