[Osmf-talk] Attribution guideline status update

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Sun Sep 8 14:38:53 UTC 2019

I don't quite follow your argument here. According to the draft
guideline if a majority of the data displayed is derived from OSM, then
attribution needs to be displayed on map. So assuming that the
prerequisite is met, as you are saying, the draft guideline would
require exactly what you want.

The -other- problem with the site is that it is implying a partnership
which doesn't exist. Something which we clearly don't want for
commercial law and liability reasons, given the wording of the ODbL I
doubt that we can base such a requirement on the licence (but likely on
use of our trademarks).

Simon