[Osmf-talk] proposal OSMF active contributor membership

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Sun Apr 5 13:02:02 UTC 2020

On 04.04.20 22:16, Ben Abelshausen wrote:
> If it were up to me alone I would probably lower the bar even more to:
>
> - anyone who has an account, has at least one edit and shows an interest
> in being a member.

Such a person can always join the OSMF by paying £15. They also might
qualify under the “unable to transfer money” waiver, and possibly under
the “hardship” waiver. This programme is specifically for an “active
contributor” programme, which obviously has some sort of activity
requirement!

> - instead of the fixed 15 pound add a 'donation amount of choice'
> including the option not to donate.

The £15 is not a donation, but a membership fee. It's goverened by §§
1,12→15,22→25 of the OSMF's Articles of Association¹. I think the OSMF
is not allowed to change the fee of £15 unless the vote of the
membership at a General Meeting.

I think it would be a good idea to have different rates for countries
with a lower average income rate. But, that's a membership vote requirement.

Rory

[1] https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Articles_of_Association