[Osmf-talk] do-ocracy and volunteering

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Fri Apr 17 15:40:50 UTC 2020

On Friday 17 April 2020, Allan Mustard wrote:
> Christoph, by that logic nobody should use the iD editor, OSM's
> default editor (and I suspect most used editor), which has been
> heavily supported by private companies.

No, please don't try to read a simplistic logic into what i wrote.  My
point was that the principle of do-ocracy (that those who do the work
are entitled to make decisions) will not work in the long term when
equally applied to individual and organized/corporate acticity.

I pointed this out in reply to the statement from Rory that:

> OSM is a do-ocracy. 😉 FOSSGIS (or others) hasn't set up or arranged
> an alternative. We have one option. Ergo that options wins. 😉😉

I will not comment on the other ideas you communicated regarding the
present state and the future of the project because that really exceeds
the scope of the discussion here IMO.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/