[Osmf-talk] do-ocracy and volunteering

Rory McCann rory.mccann at osmfoundation.org
Fri Apr 17 15:15:47 UTC 2020

I'm not 100% sure what you're saying. Since you often have good
insights, I frequently need to digest what you say. I'm sorry if my
email appears condesending.

It's useful to point out flaws with suggestions. But, personally, I find
it better when there's a positive counter proposal for what to do
instead. β€œDon't do this” is fine, but then what am I supposed to do?
Just not do any video chat? Stay with Mumble?

If you (or anyone!) did host (or propose) an alternative, then there are
multiple competing options for how to do video chat. Please god feel
free to suggest something! I'm being genuine & serious. Just f**king do
it. Until then, from a practical point of view, the options are (i)
audio with Mumble (ii) This BBB server (iii) Zoom (iv) Google Hangouts
(etc).