[Osmf-talk] Funding of iD Development and Maintenance

Craig Allan allan at iafrica.com
Sun Aug 2 16:24:46 UTC 2020

Feedback:

Yes, I support OSMF supporting the maintenance and development of the iD
editor.  Go ahead.

I am very happy that the Board is pushing for a long term plan for
ensuring the stability of the OSM infrastructure. I am also pleased that
other OSM editors will be supported.

I am less happy that the Board is doing this work in a 'hands-on' way.
Boards are meant for puzzling over strategy and worrying about funding.
I look forward to the Engineering working group rising from its ashes
and taking over responsibility for software related projects.

Craig Allan

OSM:cRaIgalLAn