[Osmf-talk] Funding of iD Development and Maintenance

Ralph Aytoun ralph.a.aytoun at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 16:14:03 UTC 2020

 Hi Mikel,
I have been badgering for some time for the iD Developers to produce a
building tool similar to the one used in JOSM so that it can speed up the
mapping by automatically tagging the buildings as building=yes without any
extra steps. It will also save us a lot of cleaning up after beginners
because it would also automatically square the buildings without any extra
steps and we would have far less weird and wonderful shapes appearing. The
experienced mappers could then get on with mapping instead of spending so
much time on cleaning up bad buildings. 🙏 Please help us to eliminate or
greatly reduce this problem by putting some funds towards solving this.
Ralph