[Osmf-talk] Funding of iD Development and Maintenance

Mikel Maron mikel.maron at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 14:03:35 UTC 2020

Here's some information on the financial planning, and the factors the Board has been considering.

The most recent treasurer's report with reported numbers was February and had OSMF with holdings of 613K EUR
https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2020-02#Treasurer.27s_report I just checked accounts as of today, and OSMF is at 636K EUR in cash

Support for nominatim, potlatch, osm2pgsql would come from existing funds, and totals 22.5K EUR

For the SSRE and iD roles, we don't have final figures but are looking at approximately 250K EUR for a year for both. The plan is to fundraise for these roles, rather than draw from existing funds.

So overall the impact on 2020-2021 accounts in not major.

We're soon starting more thorough planning, budgeting and funding plans for years beyond the next one. To early to say much about how this will look, and how things develop with our current plans will be an important part of the assessment. Suffice to say, a top line intention is to not start drawing down our savings but to keep funds in reserve, and to make plans and secure funding that makes this all sustainable.

-Mikel

For 2019, we approved the accounts in June https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2020-06#2020.2FRes30_Approve_official_accounts_for_2019 and those are linked from the minutes

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron