[Osmf-talk] Funding of iD Development and Maintenance

Allan Mustard allan at mustard.net
Wed Aug 5 16:20:41 UTC 2020

My two manats' worth:

On 8/5/2020 9:05 AM, Andy Allan wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 at 13:07, Joost Schouppe <joost at osmfoundation.org> wrote:
>
>> We are in fact risk averse in the Board. ... We are well aware of the risks we introduce
> Sounds great. Also sounds like you want us to just trust the board
> unconditionally.
No, the Board asks for community feedback in order to help us assess
risks, and weigh the pros and cons.  If we expected the community to
trust the Board unconditionally, the Board would make decisions without
community consultation, and without incorporating the feedback into the
proposals.
> But I think the "verify" bit of the phrase "trust, but verify" is
> important too. So maybe you are all risk-averse, and maybe you are all
> well aware of the risks, but you need to share this with the members
> so we can consider everything properly.
Let's work on that.  But first we want the community feedback so we can
assess whether our read of the upside versus the downside is correct, or
if we have left something out.