[Osmf-talk] Funding of iD Development and Maintenance

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Fri Aug 14 08:09:03 UTC 2020

Am 14.08.2020 um 07:27 schrieb Rory McCann:
> 4 of the 7 board members are from, and live in, the EU. 🙂 We're not
> totally ignorant of that.
>
> Regardless, I'm sure we don't want to be horrible employers who want
> to fire people at the drop of a hat, like some US-style “at-will”
> employer.

No to mention that in practice the US is not so homogenous as presented
and certain other aspects that become relevant once the employer has
deep enough pockets (to be sued).

The actual complex aspect in the end is going to be cross border remote
employment, assuming the OSMF is not going to move everybody they are
going to employ to the UK

Simon, living in a European country with some of the most liberal (not
the US meaning of the word) employment regulations