[Osmf-talk] Commitment to open communication channels

Heather Leson heatherleson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 04:46:51 UTC 2020

Thanks again for the discussion and clarification.

To confirm, communication and consultation will the "community" starts on
open channels. Then, will equally be disseminated and continue dialogue on
alternative channels used by the community.

When we consult and communicate, we recognize that not all parts of the
community use the mailing lists or other open channels. As such, we aim to
seek and consult across in a multi-channel way to be inclusive and reach
the extensive community.

However, if the goal is to only have consultation on spaces like the
mailing list, then OSMF has a responsibility to change the power on this
list. Meaning: while I comfortable asking questions & clarification (and
winning a nobel prize for it), we clearly are some of the very same people
always communicating and being consulted.

How will the board and this community ensure that open channels are "open"?

Thank you

Heather