[Osmf-talk] What OSMF board is actually doing

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Wed Dec 9 12:10:52 UTC 2020

I don't quite see the value in this, do we really need yet another
duplication of existing information on a wiki page that will go
unmaintained in a jiffy and continue to pollute the wiki for the next
couple of decades?

What is true, is that outside of using side channels, there is no easy
way to determine what was actually decided in a board meeting till a
month later when the the actual minutes are approved and published. As
these decision may well already have had consequences in one way or
another during that time, it would be nice if either the minutes would
be available in draft form earlier, or that there is a human readable
summary available the next day (likely less work). I'm aware that both
of these work against the whole concept of approving minutes, but given
that there is essentially no discussion minuted (this tends to be the
sticking point wrt approval), I believe such a compromise would be bearable.

Simon