[Osmf-talk] [OSM-talk] Call to Take Action and Confront Systemic Offensive Behavior in the OSM Community

Fridtjof Schiefenhövel fschiefenhoevel at posteo.net
Thu Dec 10 18:40:56 UTC 2020

Dear fellow OSM-contributors,

this is my first time writing/replying to the mailing list. I've been a
contributor since 2008. I know no one of you personally, but I've come
across Frederik Ramm's name and his tremendous contributions to OSM
several times. I agree that his choice of words is unthoughtful and
somewhat idiotic. However, I am much more disturbed that Frederik's
choice of words is characterized as dehumanizing and he is presented as
an example of white male supremacy. This is quite an accusation to throw
at someone.

His point, i.e. Facebook is not a benevolent actor and OSM should be
very very careful about cooperating with this company, is totally valid,
imho.

Have a nice day,

Fridtjof Schiefenhövel