[Osmf-talk] [OSM-talk] Call to Take Action and Confront Systemic Offensive Behavior in the OSM Community

Andrew Hain andrewhainosm at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Dec 10 22:02:28 UTC 2020

The big problem I have with this manifesto is that it brings divisive North American attitudes to a worldwide project. As a worldwide project, building a community of mappers from the whole world is our most important single diversity objective. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t encourage other underrepresented groups such as women, but we should step away from this kind of international combativeness and dog whistling. It may even be counterproductive: some feminists in my country think “diversity” has become a code word for misogyny.

--
Andrew